Search site

Street Collections Licence

To collect money or sell articles for the benefit of charitable or other purposes in England or Wales, you require a street collection licence from your local council.

EU Services Directive

Eugo Logo This activity is within scope of the directive. If you are setting up/running a business in the UK, but are based overseas from another EU state, you may find the UK welcomes business licence and regulation tool useful, in addition to the Council's own web pages.

Eligibility Criteria

A completed application form must be submitted to us at least 28 days prior to your proposed collection date.

Regulation Summary

A summary of the regulation relating to this licence

Application Evaluation Process

There are no formal consultation procedures in relation to applications made. Applications will be assessed on the information provided.

Will Tacit Consent Apply?

Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from us by the end of the target completion period.

Target Completion Period

30 calendar days.



Apply Online

Craven District Council cannot receive online Street Collections Licence applications. This feature will be available in the near future.

Apply by Post

Complete the relevant application form and post it to the Licensing Section at least 28 days before the collection is due to take place.

word icon Street Collections - Application Form [37kb]

Once you have completed your street collection, you must notify the Council of the result within 1 month of the collection end date by completing and returning a

pdf icon Street Collections Return Form [20kb].


Address: Licensing, Craven District Council, 1 Belle Vue Square, Broughton Road, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 1FJ

Phone: 01756 706251


Failed Application Redress

Please contact Craven District Council in the first instance.

Licence Holder Redress

Please contact Craven District Council in the first instance.

Consumer Complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Citizens Advice Consumer Service will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

Other Redress

E.g. about noise, pollution, etc. Also should one licence holder complain about another.

Trade Associations


iCM Form
  1. Contact
    1. Please complete all the information boxes below then press the 'Send email' button. * Please complete all parts.
    2. Apologies, but we need to stop automated spam being sent via this form, please answer this simple question to "prove you are human".