Elections - Current
Details of any current elections.
Elections on 2nd July 2014
Elections for the Skipton West Electoral Division of North Yorkshire County Council, the Skipton West Ward of Craven District Council and the Skipton West Parish Ward of Skipton Town Council were held on Wednesday, 2 July 2014 and the results can be found in the Declarations below:
- Skipton West Ward District Election [56kb]
- Skipton West North Yorkshire County Council Electoral Division [57kb]
- Skipton Town Council - Skipton West Ward [55kb]
Elections on 22nd May 2014
Elections for Craven District Council and some of the Parish Councils were held on 22 May 2014; these elections were combined with the European Parliamentary Election.
- Craven District Council election results [56kb]
- Parish election results [41kb]
- District- Notice of Election Agents [71kb]
- Parish - Notice of Uncontested Election Results [164kb]
The Wards and Parishes contested on 22 May were:
- Aire Valley - Councillor Patrick MULLIGAN (Conservative)
- Bentham - Councillor Linda BROCKBANK (Conservative)
- Gargrave and Malhamdale - Councillor Alan Orr SUTCLIFFE (Conservative)
- Glusburn - Councillor Philip Melvin BARRETT (Independent)
- Hellifield and Long Preston - Councillor Robert Christopher MOORBY (Conservative)
- Ingleton and Clapham - Councillor Carl Henry LIS (Conservative)
- Penyghent - Councillor Richard WELCH (Conservative)
- Settle and Ribble Banks - Councillor David Michael STAVELEY (Conservative)
- Sutton-in-Craven - Councillor Stephen PLACE (Independent aligned to Conservative Group)
- Parishes of Austwick, Bentham, Bradleys Both, Burton-in-Lonsdale, Clapham-cum-Newby, Coniston Cold, Cononley, Farnhill, Gargrave, Giggleswick, Glusburn, Hellifield, Horton-in-Ribblesdale, Ingleton, Kirkby Malhamdale, Langcliffe, Long Preston, Lothersdale, Ribble Banks, Settle, Stainforth, Thornton-in-Lonsdale
- There was also a vacancy on the South Ward of Skipton Town Council.
European Parliamentary Election on 22nd May 2014
These are held every five years using the list system, which is a proportional representation system of voting.
Election on 10 April 2014
An election was held on Thursday, 10 April 2014 to fill a vacancy for the South Ward of Skipton Town Council.