Search site

Second Adult Rebate

Second Adult Rebate is help with your Council Tax bill if you are a pensioner and you share your home with one or more adults who are not your partner.

Is the person who shares your home:

  • aged 18 or over?
  • not your partner?
  • not paying you rent?
  • not liable to pay Council Tax themselves?

If you can answer yes to all, and you yourself are a pensioner, then you may qualify for Second Adult Rebate

Second Adult Rebate is based on the circumstances of the person who shares your home. Your income and savings will not have an effect on Second Adult Rebate. If you are entitled to Council Tax Benefit and Second Adult Rebate we will pay the one which gives you the most money.

How do I claim?

To claim Council Tax Reduction or Second Adult Rebate you will need to fill in an application form.  You can collect one from the Council Offices at 1 Belle Vue Square, Broughton Road, Skipton, BD23 1FJ, or telephone Customer Services on 01756 700600 and we will post one out to you. 

iCM Form
  1. Contact
    1. Please complete all the information boxes below then press the 'Send email' button. * Please complete all parts.
    2. Apologies, but we need to stop automated spam being sent via this form, please answer this simple question to "prove you are human".