Search site

Alcohol and Entertainment Licence

Premise Licences, Personal Licences and Temporary Events

  • Personal Licence

    A Personal Licence authorises the holder to supply alcohol or authorises the supply of alcohol in accordance with a Premises Licence.

  • Licensing Policy

    Statement of Licensing Policy

  • Premises Licence

    To provide late-night refreshments and regulated entertainment, and sell alcohol, you need a licence from the local authority if you are in England and Wales. Almost any business that carries on one or more licensable activities will need a premises licence, including takeaways and late night cafes.

  • Temporary Event Notice

    A Temporary Event Notice (TEN) is a notification to the licensing authority that an individual intends to carry on licensable activities. Licensable activities include selling alcohol, serving alcohol to members of a private club, providing entertainment (eg music, dancing or indoor sporting events) and serving hot food or drink between 11pm and 5am. You will also need a TEN if a particular licensable activity is not included in the terms your existing premises licence.

  • Licensing Act 2003 Public Register

    You can view Licensing Act 2003 Public Registers by downloading the documents provided below.

  • Alcohol consumption in designated public places orders

    Designated Public Place Orders (DPPOs) give police officers discretionary powers to require a person to stop drinking and confiscate alcohol or containers of alcohol in public places. DPPOs are implemented by local councils in order to address alcohol-related crime and disorder in public places.

  • Licensing Act 2003 fees

    The Licensing Act 2003 ("The Act") provides for fees to be payable to the licensing authority in respect of the discharge of their functions.

  • Club Premises Certificate

    To authorise the supply of alcohol and regulated entertainment in a qualifying club you need a club premises certificate from your local authority. In a qualifying club there is technically no sale by retail of alcohol (except to guests) as the member owns part of the alcohol stock and the money passing across the bar is merely a mechanism to preserve equity between members where one may consume more than another. In order to constitute a qualifying club you must also satisfy the various requirements set out in the Licensing Act 2003.