Search site

Film and photography permissions

Craven District Council welomes inquiries for photography, filming and television productions.

The Council must be informed of all filming activity taking place on public property within their area and permissions must be granted by all relevant parties before any filming activity can take place. 

It is the responsibility of the production company to consult all those affected by filming and inform them of arrangements.

Craven District Council is a member of the Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire Filming Friendly Partnership in association with Screen Yorkshire. 

The Film Friendly Partnership sets out a code of best practice to ensure that the locality and the region get the maximum benefit from the publicity, press and tourism opportunities that filming can bring. The initiative also aims to ensure that filming in the region happens as easily and effectively as possible, so that production companies have a positive experience of filming here and return for their next project.

As such, Production Liaison at Screen Yorkshire should always be advised of any filming activity taking place within Yorkshire. They can liaise with the Filming Friendly Co-ordinator on the productions behalf or put you in touch with the correct contact.

For more information please contact the Communications Team.

iCM Form
  1. Contact
    1. Please complete all the information boxes below then press the 'Send email' button. * Please complete all parts.
    2. Apologies, but we need to stop automated spam being sent via this form, please answer this simple question to "prove you are human".