Search site

Gambling Premises Licence

Craven District Council is responsible for licensing premises for gambling in the Craven District and giving advice.

Individuals or companies who intend to offer certain types of gambling must obtain an operating licence from the Gambling Commission. A gambling premises licence is also required for any premises, where an individual or company propose to offer gambling. The licence is issued by the licensing authority (Craven District Council)

How to apply for a gambling premise licence 

Complete the relevant application form available to download below and return to the Licensing Department together with the correct fee.

word icon Application for Premises Licence [122kb]

word icon Application for Premises Licence (Vessels) [134kb]

word icon Application for Provisional Statement [117kb]

For the correct fee please see Gambling Premise Fees and Charges

word icon Gambling Act Table of Fees [125kb]

You must then:

  • Send a notice to the responsible authorities using the following forms:

word icon Notice of Premises Licence Form A [39kb]

word icon Notice of Premises Licence Form B [64kb]

  • Advertise your application in a local newspaper covering the area or or if there is none, a local newsletter, or circular which serves your local area
  • Advertise as a site notice at your premises.

The licence will last the lifetime of the business, unless you apply for a shorter period. 

Variations to a gambling premises licence

Should the applicant wish to remove or vary some of the default conditions, they should download and fill in the following variation application forms:
You should then:
  • Send the application form to the Licensing Team and other responsible authorities
  • Include the relevant fee
  • Advertise the application in a local newspaper within ten days of the application and as a site notice at the premises

If representations are made or if the licensing authority attaches conditions to the licence, a hearing will be required unless the parties agree otherwise.

What types of premises can apply for the licence?

There are five types of premises licences that can be applied for:

  • Casino premises
  • Bingo premises
  • Betting premises, including tracks
  • Adult gaming centre premises
  • Family entertainment centre premises

Who can apply for a licence?

An application for a premises licence may only be made by persons (which includes partnerships or companies):

  • Who have the right to occupy the premises
  • Who are above 18 years old
  • Who have an operating licence which allows him/her to carry out the proposed activity or have applied for an operating licence from the Gambling Commission which can be received from the Gambling Commission Website