Search site

Registering a Food Business

Registration of premises used for a food business (including market stalls, restaurants, hotels, shops, canteens delivery vehicles and other moveable structures) is required by law.

Registrations – food business

Before starting a new food business, you must send a completed application form to us at least 28 days before the business starts.  You can use our Online Form to Register a Food Business; or download, complete and send thepdf icon Application form to register a food business establishment [76kb].

Once the form is completed, registration cannot be refused.

There is no registration fee.

Premises in the area will be visited by us. The frequency of the visits will depend on the type of business.

What about changes in my business?

Once you have registered with us, you need to notify us only if:
  • There is a change of owner - the new owner will have to complete an application form
  • The nature of the business changes
  • There is a change of the address at which moveable premises are kept
If we wish to change the entry in the register because of information we receive from someone else, you will be given 28 days notice and an opportunity to comment on the proposed change.
iCM Form
  1. Contact
    1. Please complete all the information boxes below then press the 'Send email' button. * Please complete all parts.
    2. Apologies, but we need to stop automated spam being sent via this form, please answer this simple question to "prove you are human".