Based in the picturesque Aireville Park, we have the largest pool in Craven, and a teaching pool with a moveable floor and access lifts. Whether you are an occasional visitor or a member, we have lots to offer.
Craven Swimming Pool and Fitness Centre
Craven Swimming Pool and Fitness Centre has a range of leisure and fitness activities for everyone, whatever your age, ability or experience.
Our facilities include two swimming pools, a 68 station fitness suite (gym), a health suite (sauna & steam), dance studio, 14 hole pitch and putt course and a Multi Use Games Area (MUGA).
Book classes or pay for membership online
|Concession Sauna/Steam Session||£4.50|
|Adult Fitness Suite||£6.10|
|Concession Fitness Suite||£4.60|
|Group Fitness classes||£5.10|
|Adult Inflatable* (see notes)||£4.50|
Inflatable Session Notes
* from August 2015, the inflatable sessions are one hour sessions (1pm - 2pm & 2pm - 3pm) and customers must leave the pool after each session. We only have limited number of space for the inflatable sessions and we sell 74 bands for each session, we are sorry but this cannot be exceeded. Bands are sold on a first come first served basis.
Important Timetable Notes:
- LANE SWIMS: We do not have any lane swims during any Bank Holiday.
- LANE SWIMS: Please be aware that all of our lane swims are available to anyone aged 14 years and over.
- We cannot always guarantee that a lane will be left in the pool for general swimming sessions.
- DLS swims is an open swim for disabled swimmers and their assistants. It is not a private session.
- Swimming lessons are on every week day evening from 4pm and they share the Main Pool's general swim.
- Pool times are in line with NYCC School Hols
Frequent user? Save money by taking out one of our Memberships
Reception Opening times -
(Please check pool / gym timetables as different)
Monday to Fridays 6.15am to 10pm
Saturday & Sunday 8:45am to 5.45pm
The centre will be open 9.30 - 4.30 for General Swimming, the Fitness Suite and Coffee Lounge are also open.
No exercise classes run on Bank Holidays.
Reception is open from 9am until 5pm and we only offer a general swim from 9.30am until 4.30pm. The only days that we are closed are Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day. Even in bad weather we will always do our best to remain open and to date we have never closed due to poor weather conditions. In the unlikely event that we do close we will post it here on our website and inform StrayFM (107.8FM).
Our swimming pool programme follows the North Yorkshire County Council school holidays: NYCC School Hols
How to find us
Craven Swimming Pool & Fitness Centre
Tel: 01756 792805
The Fitness Centre
The Fitness Centre (gym) offers state of the art PULSE cardiovascular and resistance equipment designed to give you a complete fitness workout.
- Group fitness and exercise classes
We have a range of memberships available to suit all pockets. All of our memberships include exercise classes and facilities at no extra cost and with no hidden charges. Pop down to the centre any time and a member of our team will be very happy to give you a guided tour.
- News, Events & Announcements
Pool Hire and Pool Parties
Struggling to find a party venue for your child's party? Look no further, and hire our inflatable.
Coffee Lounge and Vending
The Coffee Lounge is a great place to relax and have a post-exercise drink and a bite to eat or you can just pop in after a walk in Aireville Park.
The Concession Card offers reduced rates for sports activities at Craven Swimming Pool and Fitness Centre for those who qualify.
We run lifeguard courses at various times throughout the year. They are usually held during school breaks and/or when we have sufficient demand. This course will be the new National Pool Lifeguard 8th Edition, and is internationally recognised as the best lifeguard course available.
Municipal Golf Course
If you have got a spare 60 - 90 minutes why not try our challenging 14 hole pitch and putt course. It is ideal for practicing your short game and putting skills.
Sports Pitches and Courts
Information on booking football, tennis, netball, basketball and other sports pitches.
Customer Feedback Form
The Customer feedback form is available for customers to tell us of their experience during their visit to Craven Pool.
Car Parking Craven Pool and Fitness Centre
We have ample parking with space for over 100 cars, including 6 disabled bays and 6 family bays), and bicycle stands.
Below is a list of frequently asked questions that some customers have asked.