We are looking for companies, organisations, communities or individuals who are helping the environment, to enter our Green Apple Awards for their chance to win a Craven District Council Green Apple Award Accreditation.
Are you leading the way in terms of environmental best practice in any of the following areas?
- Business Travel Plans
- Habitat and Diversity
- Carbon Reduction
- Climate Change Benefits
- Land Regeneration
- Conservation and Wildlife Projects
- Lighting Efficiency
- Domestic Energy Generation
- Pollution and Emission Reduction
- Energy Management
- Renewable Heat
- Energy from Waste
- Sustainable Water Management
- Energy Saving
- Waste Management
- Fuel Efficiency
- Water Efficiency
Before you enter
As part of the application process you'll need to talk about the project aims and achievements and provide contact details for your organisation or project.
You'll also need to upload a separate written submission of up to 1000 words about the project - this must be uploaded as a separate file (MS Word, PDF, txt).
In the submission, you'll need to tell us:
- What did the project involve doing?
- Why did you do it?
- What did it cost and where did the money come from?
- If quantifiable, what did the project achieve in terms of sustainable development, economy, environment and/or equity?
- Who and what benefited?
- What were the longer term benefits?
- Was there anything innovative about the project?
- Can other organisations/communities benefit from implementing your methods?
- What did you learn from the project and are you planning any further development?
Please also be sure to provide details of any relevant accreditation or awards gained.
State if any enforcement action has ever been taken against the organisation, together with any measures adopted to prevent this happening again
We will be awarding a Green Apple Award accreditation to the Bronze, Silver and Gold Winner. We will also be making a donation to the Dales Woodland Restoration Programme on behalf of the winners and winning entries will be entered into the National Green Apple Awards Programme.
In addition, initiatives that impress all of the judges will receive a certificate of commendation.
About the National Green Apple awards
The Green Apple Environment Awards were established in 1994 as an annual campaign to recognise, reward and promote environmental best practice around the world.
Terms and Conditions
We will use case study examples of our winning entries in our marketing material to assist with raising awareness of the awards programme in the future. If your initiative is one of our winning entries we will ensure that we seek prior approval from yourself to the wording that we propose to use and the use of any associated images.
Winners will be announced week commencing 1st April 2019. Entries open 7 January 2019.