Anyone can make a nomination by downloading and completing this Community Champions Entry Form 2019.
Completed nomination forms should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to
Craven District Council Craven Community Champion Awards 2019
1 Belle Vue Square Broughton Road SKIPTON North Yorkshire BD23 1FJ
to arrive with us by midnight on Sunday November 10th, 2019.
Visit the award categories page for a full list of all the awards available for nomination.
You can pick up a nomination form from any library in Craven, or call 01756 700 600 to have one posted to your address.
If you would like the nomination form in a format that is better for you, such as in large print, braille, a different language or audio, please contact the Awards' administrator on 01756 700 600 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read these notes before completing the nomination form
• Community groups must be made up of two or more people and must provide a specific benefit in a local area. The group may be a branch of, or affiliated to, a larger regional or national organisation, as long as the volunteers started and developed the initiative for the activity in Craven District.
• Community groups or individuals involved in fundraising activities are eligible for an award if their fundraising activity involves volunteers, focuses on creating or holding an event or local activity, and provides something that can be shown to benefit the local community rather than simply asking for donations.
• Each nomination is assessed against the award criteria by the Craven Community Champion Awards Panel. The Panel is made up of independent volunteering and community experts, council and private sector representatives. The decision of the Panel is final.
• The winners will be announced at the Awards’ ceremony and will be presented with a certificate and an inscribed glass award.
• The number of awards available is strictly limited and therefore, however valuable their service, not all the people nominated can receive recognition. It is important for nominators and supporters to realise that an award will not automatically follow the submission of a nomination form.
• Awards are made to people who are still active in the category to which the nominations relates, although there is no bar on an award being made to someone who has recently retired/stood down.
• You may use up to 4 additional pages, but please ensure that you write the name of the nominee and award category on each extra sheet. Additional information could include examples of the nominee’s achievements, photographs, press articles, web links to further information, videos or films. Whilst we will try to return them to you, we cannot take responsibility for their safekeeping.
• Upon receipt of your nomination, we will send an acknowledgement. We regret that it is not possible to enter into correspondence on the merits of a particular nomination, nor on its progress, whilst it is under consideration.
• If there are any important changes to the information supplied on the nomination form after you have submitted it please let us know.