Craven District Council

Skip Navigation

Craven District Council

Help with Cost of Living

Find out what help and advice is available if you are struggling to pay for food, rent and other household bills.

If you are worrying about money or struggling to make ends meet, there are different types of support and advice which could be available to you.

As information changes constantly, the following webpage will be kept up to date about what and when financial help is available.

Craven District Council

If you are struggling to pay your Council Tax or housing costs Craven District Council can help you.


Council Tax & Housing Benefit

01756 700 600


Housing and Homelessness

01756 706 475


Christians Against Poverty (CAP)

Free debt counselling service for anyone in financial difficulty regardless of their religious beliefs. freephone 0800 328 0006 or email your local Debt Centre Manager


North Yorkshire Local Assistance Fund (NYLAF)

Emergency food / utilities support and wider essentials

01904 550030


Skipton Food Bank

Food and other essential items for anyone in emergency need in Craven district.

07856 080194


Age UK North Craven

Support and advice for older people, their families and carers. 01729 823066


Carers’ Resource

Information, advice and support carers’ including help to apply for benefits and carers’ assessments.

0808 501 5939 (Freephone)



Support for anyone experiencing or affected by domestic abuse of sexual violence.

03000 110 110


Warm and Well in North Yorkshire

Advice and grants for people struggling to afford their energy bills. 01609 767 555


Leeds Credit Union

Affordable financial services to people in Leeds, Wakefield, Harrogate and Craven. 0113 242 3343


National Debtline

Free and independent debt advice

0808 808 4000 (Freephone)



Advice to help improve your finances

0800 138 7777 (Freephone)



Free Housing Advice

0808 800 4444 (Freephone)



Information and financial support

0808 802 2000 (Freephone)


Step Change

Debt Charity offering free debt advice and money management

0800 138 1111(Freephone)


Healthy Start Vouchers

Help to buy fruit, vegetables and milk if you are pregnant or have a child under 4 and on a low income. 0345 607 6823