Craven District Council Customer Charter
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. We set high standards of customer care and tell you how we are performing against them.
Our aim is to deliver services as efficiently and effectively as possible. Whenever and however you contact us, we want to make sure you receive the highest level of service and customers have the right to know what level of service they can expect from us all the time. If you feel we are falling short then please let us know.
- treat our customers with respect, courtesy and friendliness, being receptive to customer feedback
- respond to your enquiries promptly and efficiently and try to deal with your enquiry as soon as we can
- ensure our information is in a format that is easily accessed and understood and free of jargon
- make more services available online, enabling customers to serve themselves if they choose, at a time that suits you
- treat all information received in the strictest confidence and we will protect your personal information
- give you an explanation of our actions and ensure you are advised of all relevant timescales
- enable customers to provide feedback easily, through customer surveys, consultations and improved complaint handling
In return we ask that you:
- treat our staff with respect and be courteous
- be considerate and polite to other customers
- provide the information we need to deliver our services
- ask us to explain anything you are not sure about
Customer Service Excellence
In order to maintain and improve the services we provide to our customers across the Council we have introduced the service standards listed below:
Face to face
- Visitors to wait no longer than an average of 10 minutes at any reception point
- Be identifiable by wearing a name badge
- Private Interview facilities will be provided when necessary
- Information will be kept up to date and be well presented
- Opening hours will be clearly displayed
Contacting us by telephone
- If you call on the main Contact Craven number of 01756 700600, we aim to answer 90% of incoming telephone calls as a minimum standard and to do so within an average of 1 minute.
- If your call requires another staff member to call you back we will do this within 2 days unless it is a very urgent matter which will be dealt with more quickly.
Contacting us by email, letter, online
- If you contact us by email, letter or via an online enquiry form we will try to respond within 5 working days. If the subject is complex, we will update you within 5 working days and provide a full response within 10 working days.
Facebook and Twitter
- We monitor our social media pages (Facebook and Twitter) regularly and we aim to respond within 4 hours during the working day.
Freedom of Information Requests
- If you request information under the Freedom of Information Act or Environmental Information Regulations we will provide a response to your request within 20 working days.
- If the information cannot be provided in that time, you will receive a letter outlining the reasons. If your request needs clarification or we have to collect information from a number of sources, we will get in touch with you.
- Sometimes there may be reasons why it is not appropriate to release the information requested. If this is the case we will explain why we are not releasing the information and explain the appeal process.
- We will send you an acknowledgement to your complaint within 2 working days.
- We aim to resolve the complaint within 5 working days.
- If the complaint is complex or cannot be resolved it will be passed to the appropriate Service Manager for a more detailed response within 10 days.
- If the complaint is referred to a Service Manager you will be sent a letter setting out the next steps, and be given the name of the Officer dealing with the complaint.
- For more information please see the Council’s Complaints, Comments and Compliments Procedure.
Translation and Interpretation
- If English is not your first language and you need help understanding any of the services the Council delivers we will arrange for an interpreter or British Sign Language signer if you need one.
- We can also provide large print versions of our documents if needed.