Business Grant funding in Craven
Government grants to help small businesses meet ongoing costs were available as part of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
This scheme has now closed.
A discretionary fund has been set up to accommodate certain small businesses previously outside the scope of the business grant funds scheme.
The Government guidance stated that the Council must develop and approve a local policy for grant payments.
The Council’s Discretionary Grant Scheme is now closed and the applications have been assessed. To find out more click here: https://www.cravendc.gov.uk/coronavirus-advice-and-information/discretionary-grant-scheme-awards/
Find out more about the government business grant top-up scheme.
The Government has set up a coronavirus business support finder tool to help businesses and self-employed people across the UK to quickly and easily determine what financial support is available to them during the coronavirus pandemic.
The tool is online here: Coronavirus business support finder tool
The Government has set up a website with all the details of the schemes that have been announced:
Visit the UK Government Coronavirus Business Support website
Help includes a package of measures to support businesses including:
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Business Rates Holiday for Retail, Hospitality and Leisure
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Self Employment Income Support Scheme
- Statutory Sick Pay Rebate
- Time to Pay
- Covid-19 Corporate Financing Facility
- Business Rates Holiday for Nurseries
- VAT Deferral
- Income Tax Deferral for the Self-Employed
Local Business Support and Advice
- The Leeds City Region Local Enterprise Partnership has advice and guidance on the support available to business on their website https://www.the-lep.com/business-support/covid-19-support-for-businesses/
- The York and North Yorkshire Local Enterprise Partnership also have support and advice, including links to upcoming advice webinars on their website http://howsbusiness.org/coronavirus-covid-19
- Information is also available on the District Council’s website about existing business support programmes available to businesses in the Craven District, although there may be some alteration to their normal operating arrangements - https://www.cravendc.gov.uk/business/business-support-advice/
Sign up to receive the latest news through the Craven District Business News e-newsletter here: NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP
What are we doing to process support?
Business rates holiday for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses
The Government will introduce a business rates retail holiday for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in England for the 2020 to 2021 tax year.
Businesses that received the retail discount in the 2019 to 2020 tax year have been rebilled by Craven District Council.
Support for businesses that pay little or no business rates due to small business rate relief or rural rate relief
The government provided additional funding for local authorities to support small businesses that already pay little or no business rates because of small business rate relief (SBBR). This provided a one-off grant of £10,000 to businesses currently eligible for SBRR or rural rate relief, to help meet their ongoing business costs. This scheme has now closed.
Our Environmental Health services are running. Officers are following government advice to restrict visits to essential visits only. Priority is still given to issues of safety and each call will be reviewed and assessed.