We run lifeguard courses at various times throughout the year. They are usually held during school breaks and/or when we have sufficient demand.
This course will be the new National Pool Lifeguard 8th Edition, and is internationally recognised as the best lifeguard course available.
We will be running the NPLQ Lifeguard, AED (Defib) and First Aid course starting 28 May 2018. The NPLQ qualification is internationally recognised and essential for gaining employment as a lifeguard.
This is a very intensive course with a practical examination on the last day. 100% attendance is compulsory. All candidates must be 16yrs old on the first day of the course.
There is a basic level of fitness required for the course. You must be able to:
- demonstrate that you are fit and healthy
- jump or dive into the pool in the deepest point
- swim 50 metres in 1 minute or less
- swim 100 metres continuously on the front and then on the back
- tread water for 30 seconds
- surface dive to the deepest part of the pool (diving into water of greater than 1.5 metres causing pressure on the ears)
- climb out unaided, without using steps or a ladder.
It is important that each candidate has a good swimming ability, because this course does not teach individuals how to swim.
Monday 28 May 2018 - Friday 1 June 2018
8.30am - 5.30pm (each day)
Exam - Sunday 3 June 2018 at 1pm (until finish 5pm)
The course fee of £290.00 includes lunch, and should be paid on application at Craven Leisure reception. Places are limited to 12 and are secured only after receipt of payment.
How to apply
Please download, complete and return the enrolment, consent and medical information forms. Please return via email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or in person at Craven Leisure.
The enrolment form includes prerequisite criteria, and lists equipment, that you are required to bring with you each day.
If you require any further information please contact Robert Jones on 01756 692928.