To get a licence your zoo must:
- help educate people about biodiversity
- be suitable for the types of animals you're keeping
- have a high standard of animal care
- do as much as possible to stop any animals escaping
- stop pests and vermin getting into the zoo
You must also do at least 1 of the following:
- conservation research or training
- sharing conservation information
- captive animal breeding
- helping repopulate or reintroduce species into the wild
How much does it cost?
The current fees are:
Initial (4 yr licence) £500
Renewal (6 yr licence) £750
How can i apply?