Craven District Council

Skip Navigation

Craven District Council

Dangerous wild animals licence

No person may keep any dangerous wild animal without first obtaining a licence from their local authority.

You need a licence to keep animals including:

  • wild cats
  • primates
  • wild dogs, e.g. wolves
  • certain pigs, e.g. wild boar
  • marsupials
  • ostriches

A full list of animals you need a licence for can be found in the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976.

How much will it cost to apply?

The current fee is £230 plus veterinary fees.

How can I apply?

Dangerous Animal Application Form [278kb]


The dangerous wild animals act 1976