Craven District Council

Skip Navigation

Craven District Council

Permitted Processes

The Council regulates a range of commercial and industrial processes that could give rise to polluting emissions.

Some industries and businesses need permits from us or the Environment Agency for the release of pollution and emissions.

Activities that require a permit from us are divided into two categories:

Part A2 permits control activities with an environmental impact, including:

  • emissions to air, land and water
  • energy efficiency
  • waste reduction
  • raw materials consumption
  • noise, vibration prevention
  • accident prevention

Part B permits control emissions to air