2 x 2 bed homes are available on a shared ownership basis
This new build scheme by Carr and Carr Developments, a local Bentham developer, comprises just 16 homes off in this sought after location between Low and high Bentham and surrounded by countryside.
Properties available for shared ownership:
- 2 x 2 bed homes
The properties have been constructed in natural stone and include private parking.
In order to apply for the shared ownership homes you will need to be registered with Help to Buy
- You must be a person or household in need who cannot afford to rent or buy dwellings of a similar kind on the open market within the Craven DC area.
- Your household earns £80,000 per year or less.
- You must not currently have your name on title deeds associated with another property.
- Priority will go to Serving military personnel and former members of the British Armed Forces discharged in the last two years.
Priority will be given to those people with a local connection in the first instance:
Local Connection is defined as someone who has:
- Resided in the search area for 3 years out of the preceding 5 years.
- Have resided in the search area for 20 years or half the person's lifetime (subject to a minimum of 10 years)
- Have immediate family in the search area that has lived there for a continuous period of 10 years (family is mother, father, brother or sister)
- Have undertaken regular permanent (ie. not seasonal) employment throughout the last 12 (twelve) months (which is ongoing)and with a business established for at least 3 (three) year s and such employment to be at least 16 (hours) each week
The search area is defined as the Ward of Bentham in the first instance then cascading out to the Craven North Sub area and then cascading out to the rest of the Craven District including those parishes within the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
What to do next
Further details including how to apply for one of the homes will be available in due course. To register your interest in shared ownership schemes including this one please email firstname.lastname@example.org and title your email SHARED OWNERSHIP. Please ensure you include your name, address, email and or phone number.
Please be aware in order to qualify you must have:
- Registered with Help to Buy
- Have a household income of less than £80,000 per year
- You must not own another property