2 affordable homes available on shared ownership basis
This new build scheme by local developer R.N. Wooler is located off the main road running through Gargrave. The site occupies and enviable position next to the canal and within a 2 minute walk of a number of local shops.
Properties available :
1 x 2 bed property
1 x 3 bed property
Details of prices and tenure will be made available when the homes are constructed in full. Please keep checking the website for further details.
The properties have been constructed in natural stone and include private parking .
On completion, the developer will transfer the homes to Craven Council who are a Registered Provider.
In order to apply for the shared ownership homes you will need to be registered with Help to Buy . Subject to income, shares of anything from 25% to 75% will be available at 25% to 75% of market value, with a subsidised rent payable on the remaining unsold equity.
- You must be a person or household in need who cannot afford to rent or buy dwellings of a similar kind on the open market within the Craven DC area.
- Your household earns £80,000 per year or less.
- You must not currently have your name on title deeds associated with another property.
- Priority will go to Serving military personnel and former members of the British Armed Forces discharged in the last two years.
Priority will be given in the first instance to those with a local connection to the Gargrave Parish but will cascade out to the whole of the Craven District in the event no one can be found.
Local Connection is defined as someone who has:
- Resided in the search area for 3 years out of the preceding 5 years.
- Have resided in the search area for 20 years or half the person's lifetime (subject to a minimum of 10 years)
- Have immediate family in the search area that has lived there for a continuous period of 10 years (family is mother, father, brother or sister)
- Have undertaken regular permanent (ie. not seasonal) employment throughout the last 12 (twelve) months (which is ongoing)and with a business established for at least 3 (three) year s and such employment to be at least 16 (hours) each week
What to do next
To register your interest in the shared ownership units that will be available on this scheme and other shared ownership properties available within the Craven District please email email@example.com and title your email SHARED OWNERSHIP. Please ensure you include your name, address, email and or phone number.