16 homes are available on a shared ownership basis
This new build scheme by Wakefield District Housing comprises a total of 23 homes of which 16 will be available to purchase.
Properties available for shared ownership:
- 8 x 2 bed homes
- 8 x 3 bed homes
The properties have been constructed in artificial stone and render and include private parking.
In order to apply for the shared ownership homes you will need to be registered with Help to Buy
- You must be a person or household in need who cannot afford to rent or buy dwellings of a similar kind on the open market within the Craven DC area.
- Your household earns £80,000 per year or less.
- You must not currently have your name on title deeds associated with another property.
Priority for 2 of the shared ownership homes will be given to those with a local connection in the first instance:
Local Connection is defined as someone who has:
- Resided in the search area for 3 years out of the preceding 5 years.
- Have resided in the search area for 20 years or half the person's lifetime (subject to a minimum of 10 years)
- Have immediate family in the search area that has lived there for a continuous period of 10 years (family is mother, father, brother or sister)
- Have undertaken regular permanent (ie. not seasonal) employment throughout the last 12 (twelve) months (which is ongoing)and with a business established for at least 3 (three) year s and such employment to be at least 16 (hours) each week
The search area is defined as the Ward of Hellifield and Long Preston in the first instance then cascading out to the Craven Mid Sub area and then cascading out to the rest of the Craven District including those parishes within the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
The remaining 14 homes will be available to all those people who are eligible for shared ownership housing.
What to do next
For further information or to register your interest contact Homebuy@wdh.co.uk or call 0345 8 507 507.