(picture depicts an artists impression only)
5 affordable homes available on a rental and shared ownership basis
This new build scheme by local developer Skipton Properties located in the picturesque village of Glusburn. The scheme offers views over the open countryside and yet is within walking distance of the shops and restaurants available on Glusburn high street.
Properties available :
A mix of 1 and 2 bed homes will be available on this development. Details of prices and rental values will be made available nearer the time they become available. Please keep checking the website for further details.
- 3 x 3 bed homes available for affordable rented (available by December 2018)
- 2 x 1 bed homes available on a shared ownership basis (available to move in by March 2019). A 35% share is available to purchase for £36,250. A rent and service charge are also payable. Please refer to Home Groups website for further details.
The properties have been constructed in natural stone and include private parking and gardens.
Please be aware that in order to apply for a rented property you must be registered on North Yorkshire Homechoice. When available the homes will advertised on the Homechoice website.
In order to apply for the shared ownership homes you will need to be registered with Help to Buy .
- You must be a person or household in need who cannot afford to rent or buy dwellings of a similar kind on the open market within the Craven DC area.
- Your household earns £80,000 per year or less.
- You must not currently have your name on title deeds associated with another property.
- Priority will go to Serving military personnel and former members of the British Armed Forces discharged in the last two years.
Priority will be given in the first instance to those people with a local connection prior to cascading out surrounding parishes.
Local Connection is defined as someone who has:
- Resided in the search area for 3 years out of the preceding 5 years.
- Have resided in the search area for 20 years or half the person's lifetime (subject to a minimum of 10 years)
- Have immediate family in the search area that has lived there for a continuous period of 10 years (family is mother, father, brother or sister)
- Have undertaken regular permanent (ie. not seasonal) employment throughout the last 12 (twelve) months (which is ongoing)and with a business established for at least 3 (three) year s and such employment to be at least 16 (hours) each week
The search area is defined as the Glusburn Ward in the first instance then cascading out to the Craven South Sub area (excluding those parishes within the Yorkshire Dales National Park) and then cascading out to the rest of the Craven District including those parishes within the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
What to do next
To apply for a rented house you will need to be registered with North Yorkshire Homechoice.
In order to apply for the shared ownership homes please contact Home Group on 0800 073 0600 (option 4), or head to their website Home Group.