In order to qualify for the rented homes:
- You must be a person or household in housing need for a property of the type and size in question and who is unable to afford to rent or purchase a dwelling of a similar kind on the open market in Craven.
- You must be registered with North Yorkshire Home Choice.
In order to qualify for the rented and properties to buy you must have a local connection:
Local connection applies to someone who meets one of the following criteria:
- Has lived in the search area for 3 years out of the preceding 5
- Has previously lived in the search area for 20 years or half the person's lifetime (subject to a minimum of 10 years)
- Has immediate family (mother, father, brother or sister) who have lived in the search area for a continuous period of 10 years or more
- Has undertaken regular, permanent employment throughout the last 6 months with a company within the search area and needs to move to continue employment. The company must have been established for 3 years or more and the employment is for 30 hours minimum per week.
The search area is defined as Skipton in the first instance but in the event that no one with a local connection can be found - then the search will cascade out to the whole of Craven.
What to do next
If you are interested in renting these properties you MUST:
- Register for North Yorkshire Home Choice
- Express your interest in renting the property by placing a bid via North Yorkshire Home Choice
If you are interested in purchasing these properties you MUST:
- Register your interest with Skipton Properties