Craven District Council

Skip Navigation

Craven District Council

Home Upgrade Grant

We're offering grant-funded insulation for low income households through our Home Upgrade Grant (HUG).

HUG funding is available to you whether you own or privately rent your home, subject to the eligibility criteria. Permission will also be required from your landlord if you're in private rented accommodation.

The following types of insulation are available:

  • Loft Insulation and Draft Proofing
  • Cavity Wall Insulation

To be eligible ALL of the following criteria apply:

  • the total household income must be less than £30,000* annually (subject to eligibility)
  • the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for the property must have a rating of E to G (in some cases D rating).
  • live in the council areas of Harrogate, Craven, Selby or York

If the property does not have an EPC please get in touch and we may be able to arrange one, if all the other eligibility criteria is met.

HUG funding for homeowners

If you own your home the insulation work and survey will be fully funded by the grant.

HUG funding for private tenants

We can provide a grant of up to £5000 for insulation measures.

A landlord contribution of at least one third of the cost is required.

To register your interest or for more information

email: or

contact: Better Homes on 0800 597 1500