Craven Homeless and Rough Sleeping Strategy 2020 - 2025
Our new strategy is now in place and will be formally launched in January 2020.
The vision for the strategy, created by our Homeless Forum is "By 2025, Craven’s services for homeless households will be delivered through a community network of holistic support. Everyone who needs it will be able to access appropriate support and accommodation".
Priorities for Action:
- Raise awareness of homelessness and housing issues across the district and the services available to help
- Join things up between services and organisations so that responses to homelessness are integrated and make the best use of the limited resources available
- Target prevention activities where they are needed most, at those households at greatest risk of homelessness
- Work in partnership to ensure that no one has to sleep rough in Craven
- Develop more affordable housing options and sustainable move-on arrangements from supported housing
Progress against our delivery plan will be published quarterly.
The strategy and delivery plan can be found at the bottom of this page.
York, North Yorkshire & East Riding Housing Strategy 2015 / 2021
Craven also contributes to the sub-regional strategy. Priority 7 is to reduce homelessness, and has specific actions contained within the action plan.