Craven District Council

Skip Navigation

Craven District Council

Useful resources for older people

Various resources for older people seeking advice on their housing options

For care and support enquiries we would recommend that you discuss your requirements with your doctor and/or North Yorkshire County Council's Adult social care team.

Elderly Accommodation Counsel (EAC)

The EAC is a charity, set up to help older people make informed choices about the housing, support and care options available. The EAC Housing care website includes advice for the older person, their families or advisors and information on different types of accommodation.  There is also a search option to enable you to look at the variety of accommodation available each week for older people to rent or buy in any location across the UK.

Below is a list of links to guides on their website containing more information. The Craven district does not have all the accommodation options listed but by using the search option on the EAC website you can see what is available.

Visit the website or telephone the EAC on 020 7820 1343 or email


This is a new initiative providing information for older people about housing and care options in later life so that they can plan ahead and make informed choices.

Silverlinks has a new online "teach yourself" pack for older people:  "Thinking Ahead: Housing, Care & Related Finance in Later Life". This covers different aspects of making decisions about our housing as we get older and as importantly, where to go for further information and practical help.

It is aimed at anyone who may be thinking about whether to move or stay put and will also be of use to families and carers of older people. Find out more about Silverlinks .

Which? Elderly Care

Which? Elderly Care is a source of free and independent information and advice on care and housing options for older people across the UK.

Visit the Which Elderly Care website