Craven District Council

Skip Navigation

Craven District Council

Staying in your home

With a little extra help you may be able to remain independent in your own home.

This page provides details of help available if you are experiencing financial, neighbour or landlord issues. However, if your issues are more of a housing repair/maintenance nature we would recommend that you contact the Craven Home Improvement Agency.

The Craven Home Improvement Agency is part of the Yorkshire Housing Care and Support service. It offers advice on services available including social care services, healthcare services, housing repairs and maintenance, telecare services, aids and adaptations.

They also provide a Handyman service which can carry out a range of works including:

  • small household repairs
  • maintenance works
  • safety checks

There may be a small charge for this work depending on your financial circumstances.

Advice on energy efficiency and how to access benefits and/or grants is also available.