Craven District Council

Skip Navigation

Craven District Council

Supported housing

Supported housing is for people who need housing related support. People can have their own tenancy and may live independently either on their own or within a scheme.

supporting peopleSupported housing is funded by the Government's Supporting People programme and is delivered by North Yorkshire County Council.


What is supported housing?

Supported housing is accommodation where tenants receive housing related support and support to help them with their particular identified need. The accommodation is only available to people who have an assessed medium/high or complex need due to a particular vulnerability or issue such as:

  • Mental health
  • Offending history
  • Age
  • Learning disability

Tenants receive the support to learn the skills to enable them to live independently - we call this a programme of resettlement. It is the objective of the programme that they move on out of supported housing into private or social rented accommodation within a period of 6-36 months.

What supported housing is available in Craven?

There is a limited amount of supported accommodation in Craven for the following client groups:

 Client group Provider  Referral Process 
Mental Health

Airedale Homes

Foundation Housing

 Referral only by Craven Community Mental Health team.  
 Offenders Foundation Housing Referral only byProbation Service or Community Rehabilitation Company.
Young People Foundation Housing Referral only by the Young Persons HUB
Rough Sleepers / those at high risk of rough sleeping Horton Housing Referral via CDC Housing Options,  Probation, Social Services, Mental Health Services, Drug & Alcohol Services, and other advice agencies or health services.