Parking Strategy 2021 - 2026
Craven District Councils previous parking strategy was produced in 2014. The new parking services strategy will cover the period 2021 – 2026 to reflect both recent changes to the economic climate and recent changes to service delivery, as well as looking forward in anticipation of changes to the transport industry and trends. The strategy will help the Council to plan its current and future parking provision and service management requirements.
This strategy will aim to provide a platform for determining future demand and potential supply of car parking provision within the District with reference to a range of users and to look at how this can be met without detriment to the environment or economic vitality and viability of Craven District.
Download the full parking strategy documents:
Parking Place Order 2017
We're making some changes to our car parking arrangements in Craven. You can view and download the Notice of Making the Order, and the Order itself, on this page.
The Parking Place Order shows the rules and regulations that apply to all car parks within the Craven area that are owned or managed by Craven District Council and are to be adhered to at all times by users of the car parks.
The effect of the order is:
- To replace and revoke The Craven District Council (Off-Street Parking Places) and (Consolidation) Order 2015;
- Consolidate the existing provisions set out in the above Order;
- Introduce provision for overnight parking for HGVs in the Council's Pay and Display Car Parks (except Waller Hill, Skipton, Bunkers Hill, Skipton, Coach Street, Skipton, Craven Swimming Pool, Skipton, Community Centre, Ingleton and Ashfield, Settle where HGV parking will be prohibited) at a charge of £10.00 per night between the hours of 6pm and 8am, within the areas designated on the plans for each parking place;
- Introduce provisions for the parking of motorhomes within 3 designated spaces on Coach Street Car Park, Skipton and 3 designated spaces at Greenfoot Car Park, Settle, at a charge of £5.00 per night with a maximum of 3 consecutive nights between the hours of 6pm and 9am;
- Vary the parking charges at Craven Swimming Pool Car Park and introduce pay and display machines. Charges will apply between the hours of 9am and 7pm. The parking charges are set out in the schedule to this notice.
- Introduce "pop and shop" parking on Coach Street car park, allowing for 30 minutes parking at a charge of £0.20 in 10 designated "pop and shop" parking bays;
- Introduce "pop and shop" parking on Ingleton Community Centre car park, allowing for 45 minutes parking at a charge of £0.20 in designated "pop and shop" parking bays;
- Remove some land at Skipton Bus Station Car Park, to allow for other uses;
- Add new definitions and plans for clarity and to assist with the effective management of off street car parking places within the District.