As a Local Planning Authority, Craven District Council may request supporting information to accompany a planning application. These requirements must be set out in a formally adopted local list.
These revised requirements of 01 September 2020 have been re-published to take account of changes in national, regional and local planning policy as applicable to the Craven District Council since the last publication in April 2019. This includes adoption of the Craven Local Plan, which sets out many detailed requirements for all types of development. Applicants and developers are advised to view the full text of all relevant Local Plan policies and supporting text, in order to gain a complete understanding of policy requirements prior to formulating proposals for submission. The Craven Local Plan is available here: www.cravendc.gov.uk/localplan.
The purpose of the validation arrangements is to:
- provide applicants with advice and certainty as to which necessary information is required;
- ensure all the necessary information to determine the planning application and to draft the planning permission and all conditions is available from the outset;
- minimise the need for further submissions of additional information in order to allow applications to be determined quickly and efficiently.
Information requested must be:
- reasonable, having regard to the nature and scale of the proposed development;
- about a matter which it is reasonable to conclude will be a material consideration in the determination of the application.
The validation requirements set out in this document include statutory national information requirements that apply throughout England and local information requirements that only apply within the Craven District Council Area.