In Craven (outside the Yorkshire Dales National Park) the development plan comprises the Craven Local Plan 2012 to 2032, made neighbourhood plans and the Minerals and Waste Joint Plan. Planning law requires that applications for planning permission be determined in accordance with the development plan, unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
This applies to all applications for planning permission that are submitted to Craven District Council.
- View or download the Craven Local Plan here
- View a quick introduction to Craven Local Plan policies here
- View or download spatial (GIS) data for the Craven Local Plan here
This applies to all applications for planning permission within the parish of Gargrave that are submitted to Craven District Council (and also those submitted to the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority).
- Download the Gargrave Neighbourhood Development Plan here
This applies to all applications for planning permission to extract minerals or dispose of waste within the District of Craven. Such applications are submitted to North Yorkshire County Council.
- Go to North Yorkshire County Council's minerals and waste plan webpage here
The NPPF sets out the Government’s planning policies for England. It has been taken into account in preparing the development plan and is a material consideration in planning decisions.
SPDs add further detail to local plan policies and are capable of being a material consideration in planning decisions. The Council has scheduled a number of SPDs for production. Once SPDs have been completed, it will be possible to access them from the list below:
- Affordable Housing - completed and in use
- Good Design - nearing completion
- Rural Workers' Dwellings - nearing completion
- Flood Risk and Water Management - nearing completion
- Green Infrastructure and Biodiversity - nearing completion
- Householder Development - not yet in production
The LDS sets out a programme for the production and review of the Council's development plan documents and other planning policy documents that relate to and support the Craven Local Plan, including SPDs.
- View or download the LDS 2020 Update here
All information relating to the preparation, examination and adoption of the Craven Local Plan, including the Inspector's Report, Final SA Report and Adoption Statement, is now in the local plan archive.