Craven Local Plan Policy ENV1: Countryside and Landscape
Used to assess the impact of any proposed external lighting on the character of an area, neighbouring properties, visibility of the night sky, biodiversity (including bats and light sensitive species), residents, pedestrians.
All proposals in the countryside and any proposals in the vicinity of a residential property, listed building, conservation area, ecologically sensitive area or watercourse, where external lighting would be provided or made necessary by the development.
What is required?
Details should include the following information:
- Site plan showing the location/positioning of the proposed lighting
- hours of operation
- an isolux contour map showing light spillage to 1 lux
- light levels
- column heights; layout plan with beam orientation
- a schedule of equipment
- a description of the measures such as hoods and cowls that have been provided to avoid glare
- impact on nearby dwellings or roads and use of planting to mitigate effect.