There are two Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRC) in Craven. These sites are operated by North Yorkshire County Council and are located at:
- Sowarth Field Industrial Estate, Settle, BD24 9AB
- Skibeden, A59 Harrogate Road, Skipton, BD23 6AB
You can take most types of household wastes for safe disposal/or recycling. This includes waste that we are unable to collect from the kerbside as part of the bulky household waste collection service.
April to September 8.30 am - 5.00 pm (open every day except Wednesday)
October to March 8.30 am - 4.00 pm (open every day except Wednesday)
Sites are closed every Wednesday, and on 25 and 26 December and 1 January.
Charges for waste
All residents are charged for the disposal of hardcore, rubble, plasterboard and tyres delivered to household waste recycling centres.
For further information regarding these sites, please visit North Yorkshire household waste sites website or call 01609 534527.
All household battery types (except car batteries) can be recycled in the dedicated bins, This includes both rechargeable and non-rechargeable batteries and battery packs from electronic and electrical equipment. It doesn't matter if the batteries are full, completely discharged or only part used.
Batteries that can be recycled are those which are:
- batteries which an average person could carry in one hand without difficulty - single cell batteries, such as AA, AAA, button and 'square' batteries regardless of whether they are single use or rechargeable
- used by consumers or professionals in mobile telephones, portable computers, cordless power tools, toys and household appliances.
You can recycle your household batteries at the following sites:
- Ingleton - Community Centre
- Bentham - Town Hall
- Skipton - Craven District Council, 1 Belle Vue Square
Please take car or other vehicle batteries to your nearest household waste recycling centre.