Craven District Council is committed to providing the highest level of service to all our customers. The purpose of the Complaints Procedure is to help us continually improve our services.
The complaints, comments and compliments procedure is designed to ensure that:
- Making a complaint is as easy as possible
- Complaints are treated seriously, however they are received
- Complaints are dealt with promptly and efficiently
- Every effort is made to resolve complaints
- The Council learns from complaints, taking appropriate steps to improve service provision
The aim of the procedure is not to apportion blame amongst employees, but to provide an early, satisfactory solution. Individuals or groups making a complaint will in no way suffer as a result of making their complaint. We understand that everyone who complains feels that they have a reason to do so.
When we deal with a complaint, we will remember that every case is different and will treat each person in a professional, respectful and courteous manner.
If you are not happy with the Council's handling of your complaint, you can refer it to the Local Government Ombudsman: you can find further details on the Local Government Ombudsman web site.