Craven District Council recognises the importance of working with Trades Unions to promote good industrial relations and to comply with the principles set out in the Trades Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992 and Trade Union Reform and Employment Rights Act 1993.
There are a small number of formal consultation meetings during work time where the Head of Paid Service and/or other senior managers meet with trade union representatives to meet the requirements for consultation and information to staff. Trade union representatives spend some time representing staff at formal meetings.
Under the Transparency Code 2015, the Council is required to publish information relating to Trade Union Facility Time.
- Total number of staff who are union representatives (including general, learning and health and safety representatives): 5
- Total number of union representatives who devote at least 50 per cent of their time to union duties: 0
- Names of all trade unions represented in the local authority: Unison, GMB
- A basic estimate of spending on unions (calculated as the number of full time equivalent days spent on union duties multiplied by the average salary): Approximately 15 FTE days were spent on Trade Union activities in 2018/19, which equates to £1,161 based on the average salary.
- A basic estimate of spending on unions as a percentage of the total pay bill in 2018/2019(calculated as the number of full time equivalent days spent on union duties multiplied by the average salary divided by the total pay bill): 0.023%