Notice of Election
European Parliamentary Election
Election of Members of the European Parliament
for the Yorkshire and the Humber Region
1. The number of Members of the European Parliament to be elected is 6 (six).2. Nomination papers must be delivered by hand to the Regional Returning Officer at Level 2, Town Hall, The Headrow, Leeds LS1 3AD from 10am to 4pm on any normal working day after the date of this notice but not later than 4pm on Thursday 25 April 2019.
3. The required deposit of £5,000 may be paid by cash, bankers draft, or BACS payment, details of which may be obtained from the Regional Returning Officer by phoning 0113 3784419. The deposit funds must be ‘cleared funds’ at the time that nomination papers
4. Nomination papers may be obtained from the offices of the Regional Returning Officer, Level 2, Town Hall, The Headrow, Leeds LS1 3AD during the times stated above. They can also be downloaded from www.leeds.gov.uk/elections.
5. If the election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday 23 May 2019 between the hours of 7am and 10pm.
6. Applications for the following should be made to the Electoral Registration Officer at Craven District Council, 1 Belle Vue Square, Broughton Road, Skipton, BD23 1FJ:
|Application||Deadline for receipt|
|New applications to register to vote||Tuesday 7 May 2019|
|New application to vote by posts or to cancel or amend and existing postal vote or proxy appointment||5pm on Wednesday 8 May 2019|
|New applications to vote by proxy||5pm on Wednesday 15 May 2019|
|Emergency applications to vote by proxy||5pm on Thursday 23 May 2019|
Regional Returning Officer
Yorkshire and the Humber Region Dated: Monday 15 April 2019
Printed and published by the Regional Returning Officer, Level 2, Town Hall, The Headrow, Leeds LS1 3AD