Why it's good for your business
- It's what customers are looking for - Food Standards Agency (FSA) research has shown that customers are becoming more aware of the food hygiene rating scheme and are actively looking for hygiene rating stickers when they're out and about!
- There's a profit to be made - an increasing number of food businesses are displaying their hygiene rating stickers and more than a third of them say that they have a positive impact. A better rating means more customers!
- The vast majority of our customers feel it's important to have a better rating/result than their competitors.
- Peace of mind - ensure you understand the requirements of the regulations and that you are complying with them.
In a recent FSA Public Attitudes survey, 83% of respondents in England reported having seen a rating sticker on display in the last 12 months.
An officer visit will include:
- advice on your Food Safety Management System
- assessing the current level of compliance for hygiene and structure of your premises
- advice on how you can comply with the Regulations ahead of your routine inspection.
- provide you with a copy of Safer Food Better Business, if you do not have a copy already
Each inspection usually last an average of 3 hours (including travel and time on site) and cost £60 per hour.
Please note that an advisory visit does not guarantee a higher rating on the National Food Hygiene Rating Scheme www.food.gov.uk/ratings, but should help you to comply more fully with the Regulations and may identify areas you need to improve on.