2 affordable homes available on a shared ownership basis
This new build scheme by local builder Snell Developments is located in the beautiful rural location of Embsay. Close to Skipton town centre and within walking distance of the town centre with its range of shops and restaurants.
Properties available :
2 x 2 bed homes available on a shared ownership basis will be available in Summer 2020. Details of prices will be made available nearer the time. Please keep checking the website for further details
In order to apply for the shared ownership homes you will need to be registered with Help to Buy
- You must be a person or household in need who cannot afford to rent or buy dwellings of a similar kind on the open market within the Craven DC area.
- To qualify for shared ownership your household must earn less than £80,000 per year.
- You must not currently have your name on title deeds associated with another property
Priority will be given in the first instance to those people with a local connection.
Local Connection is defined as someone who has:
- Resided in the search area for 3 years out of the preceding 5 years.
- Have resided in the search area for 20 years or half the person's lifetime (subject to a minimum of 10 years)
- Have immediate family in the search area that has lived there for a continuous period of 10 years (family is mother, father, brother or sister)
- Have undertaken regular permanent (ie. not seasonal) employment throughout the last 12 (twelve) months (which is ongoing)and with a business established for at least 3 (three) year s and such employment to be at least 16 (hours) each week
The search area is defined as Embsay with Eastby Ward in the first instance then cascading out to the Craven South Sub area (excluding those parishes within the Yorkshire Dales National Park) and then cascading out to the rest of the Craven District including those parishes within the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
What to do next
Further details including how to apply for one of the homes will be made available in due course. You must be registered with Help to buy in order to qualify for one of these homes.
To register your interest in the shared ownership units that will be available on this scheme and other shared ownership properties available within the Craven District please email email@example.com and title your email SHARED OWNERSHIP. Please ensure you include your name, address, email and or phone number.