As a Craven District Council employee you can look forward to:
- a competitive salary;
- the option to join the Local Government Pension Scheme, a contributory final salary scheme;
- a generous annual leave entitlement of 22 days (plus public and Bank Holidays) plus a further 5 days after 5 years service, rising to a maximum of 29 days;
- family friendly policies to help employees balance their commitments at work and home, including:
- a childcare voucher scheme;
- a range of flexible working options;
- maternity / paternity leave;
- parental leave scheme;
- time off for dependants policy.
- a confidential counselling service to provide support on a wide range of issues whether related to home or work;
- a free eye test for users of display screen equipment;
- subsidised membership of Craven Swimming Pool which includes the pool, fitness suite and exercise classes
We believe our first responsibility is to the people and communities who live in, work in, or visit Craven.
In serving those communities everyone within Craven District Council will:
- Treat everyone with respect;
- Act with integrity and honesty;
- Show commitment and flexibility;
- Strive for improvement and excellence.
The Craven Area
Craven is a magnificent place to work and live.
Craven District Council is the Local Authority for the most westerly district of North Yorkshire and covers an area of 450 square miles.
Craven is an area of outstanding natural beauty with a mix of natural limestone and millstone grit landscapes, moorland, fells and meadowland, unspoilt villages and historic market towns. Most of the District is within the Yorkshire Dales National Park. The biggest centre, and the District's capital, is the market town of Skipton.
Craven is accessible from all corners of the UK with good road and rail links to West Yorkshire, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Cumbria - the M6 is to the west, the A1 to the east, and the M62 and M65 lie to the south. All of these motorways are within easy reach along the three principal roads in the area, the A65, A59 and A629. Three railway lines service the area.