Craven District Council

Skip Navigation

Craven District Council

Legal Agreements

Some planning applications may require the completion of a planning legal agreement before permission can be issued.

These are legal undertakings required under Section 106 of the Town & Country Planning Act 1990 and can take the form of either an agreement between the applicant, the Authority and possibly other parties, or alternatively a ‘unilateral undertaking’ produced by the applicant alone and submitted with the application. Legal agreements only relate to a minority of applications.

Applicants proposing development that requires a S106 agreement will need to confirm that they agree to enter into an agreement and to meet both the costs of the Authority, as well as their own, associated with drawing up the agreement.