Craven District Council

Skip Navigation

Craven District Council

Privacy Notice – Business Support Grants Coronavirus/Covid-19

What we ask for and why we ask for it.

What information do we collect from you?

When you apply for a Government Business Support Grant from the Council due to disruption of your business due to Coronavirus, we will ask you for details of your business, your full name, contact details (home address, email addresses and telephone numbers) and details of your bank account.  

Why do we collect this information?

Your name and other identifying particulars are needed to confirm your identity and to establish your entitlement to a business support grant. Details of your bank account are required so as to ensure that a payment can be made to you, and to prevent fraud.  

Who might we share this information with?

The Council is permitted to share the personal information that you have provided with other organisations in order to make sure that the information it holds is correct, to protect public funds and to prevent or detect crime. These organisations include HM Revenue and Customs, The Department for Business Energy & Industrial Strategy, and the Ministry of Housing Communities & Local Government and fraud prevention agencies. The Council will not share any of the information that it holds about you with any other third party, except where permitted by law.

What do we do with your information?

The information that you have provided will be held by the Council and will only be accessed by authorised Council employees. We will only use the information that you have provided for the purpose of your application for financial assistance under the Government’s Business Support schemes, and will not use it for any other Council purpose, unless this is provided by law.

How long do we keep hold of your information?

Records of your claims and payments are retained for six years in accordance with the relevant finance legislation. Details of unsuccessful applications will be retained in accordance with the Government’s advice on data retention, and so as to deal with any complaints or enquiries. 

How can I access the information you hold about me?

By making a Subject Access Request and going onto the Council’s website at or writing to the Data Protection Officer, Craven District Council, First Floor, Belle Vue Square, Broughton Road, Skipton, BD23 1FJ. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office as it can investigate compliance with data protection law: