Craven District Council

Skip Navigation

Craven District Council

Privacy Notice – Car Parking Permits

This Notice provides details of the information that we collect from you, what we do with it and who it might be shared with.

Craven District Council is a data controller in accordance with UK law, and this notice tells you about your rights regarding the personal data that that has been collected from you.

What information do we collect from you?

When you apply for a permit to use the Council’s Car Parks on a regular basis, we will collect your name, contact details including home, email addresses and telephone number and details of your vehicle. We will also collect details of your method of payment. 

Why do we collect this information?

Your name and other identifying particulars are requested so as to register a car parking permit to you, and so as to prevent misuse of the Council’s car parks. Your payment card details are required so as to ensure that a payment for the permit can be made. We may separately ask you for your permission to provide you with information about other Council services, and if you agree, ask how you would like to receive that information. But you do not have to give your permission to receive these details, and it is not a condition of your application for a permit that you agree

Who might we share this information with?

The Council will not share any of the information that it holds about you with any third party, unless you have given your written consent, or if otherwise this is permitted by law.

What do we do with your information?

The information that you have provided will be held by the Council and will only be accessed by authorised Council employees. We will only use the information that you have provided for the purpose of your application for a car parking permit and will not use it for any other Council purpose, unless we have your consent, or this is provided by law.

How long do we keep hold of your information?

The Council will keep hold of your information in accordance with the following rules:

  • For the duration that you hold a permit.
  • After your permit has expired based on any legal and regulatory requirements.

How can I access the information you hold about me?

By making a Subject Access Request:

By writing to the Data Protection Officer, Craven District Council, First Floor, Belle Vue Square, Broughton Road, Skipton, BD23 1FJ. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office as it can investigate compliance with data protection law: