Skipton Triathlon 2019 will take place on Sunday 14th April.
Entries are now OPEN with an Early Bird discount at the same excellent price as 2018.
Craven District Council wishes to develop a partnership with a local charity to become the event's designated charity partner. If you are interested in becoming the event's charity partner then please download the form below.
Swim 400m - Bike 22km - Run 5km
The Swim - 400m in Craven Swimming Pool & Fitness Centre
The Bike - A single-lap 22km circuit of some of the stunning countryside around Skipton
The Run - A two-lap 5km run around the glorious Aireville Park
New to Triathlon? Then read the excellent beginners guide from Triathlon England:
The Skipton Triathlon Race takes place at Craven Leisure and Aireville Park, Skipton (BD23 1UQ).
Car parking is at the Craven Auction Mart (BD23 1UD) just next door to the pool and park.
The race starts with the Swim and your start time is based upon the swim time you put on your entry for the 400meter swim. Below is the expected start times based upon last years swim times and number of entrants. Swim times can be changed anytime upto close of entries.
|8 - 9am||9-10am||10-11am||11-12noon||12-1pm||1-2pm||2-3pm||3pm+|
The Google map below shows you the layout for the race day including all the key event areas.
- The Cycle route starts by the Gargrave Road War Memorial and heads out of town up this road.
- It turns left along the A59 for 5km past Broughton Hall to the A56/A59 roundabout.
- The route turns right to stay on the A59 and heads up to East and then West Marton, where you turn left onto the back road to Thornton in Craven.
- You turn left twice in Thornton in Craven onto the A56 and the half way mark.
- You ride down the A56 past the Tempest Pub and to the A59 roundabout where you turn right and retrace your route back along into Skipton.
You'll dismount and return to Transition for the run, which takes you back out onto Gargrave Road by the War Memorial and along the pavement before turning back into Aireville Park. Here the run route takes you down through the park on the main path to almost the Leeds Liverpool canal and the drinks station. You turn around here and return up the park to the top before completing your first loop by running along the top wood path. One more lap to run before you dash across the grass to the finish line in the middle of the park. Here you can claim your well-earned medal, relax, pick up your time, get a massage, chat with other finishers and celebrate finishing.
Contact details and further information
Find out more about the sport of triathlon here: British Triathlon Federation
Contact us at email@example.com with any queries.